Take the time to make these roasted peppers. Super simple, delicious and versatile, these peppers can served as a side dish or in a salad. I served them on top broiled salmon and quinoa.
Oven Roasted Sweet Peppers
- 3 sweet peppers sliced into rings
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced into small pieces
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pour the olive oil onto a rimmed baking sheet
- Place the hot pepper rings onto the baking sheet, turning over on the pan to coat with the olive oil.
- Throw the garlic cloves into the pan.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt .
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Check on them every five minutes or so to ensure that the peppers aren’t browning too quickly. If they are, lower the heat to 400 degrees.
- Remove from oven and pour the rings and oil into a glass jar or bowl.
Excellent in egg dishes, pasta salads or mixed into a green salad with nuts and cheese.