Just as my title states, we don’t all have BBQ grills at our disposal. I live in an apartment with a tiny backyard. It’s unclear if a BBQ would be a welcome addition to said yard, so I don’t have one at the moment.
These oven baked ribs make me very happy. They taste great and don’t require much work at all. In fact, I think these are even better than making ribs on the BBQ because they come out super tender and no worry about them charring on the outside while being under cooked on the inside.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.
Happy Memorial Day non-BBQ weekend to you!
Oven Baked Ribs
- 1 large rack of pork ribs
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp curry
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp marjoram
- ½ tsp pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp red pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Wash and dry the ribs in the sink.
- Cut the rack into pieces if it won’t fit into your roasting pan.
- Coat the ribs on all sides with the dry rub.
- Place the ribs in your roasting pan(s).
- Let sit for at least 30 minutes (up to overnight, if you have the time).
- Place the pan(s) in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn the ribs over carefully.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave the ribs in the hot oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cut the ribs apart and enjoy!